clear glass plate, mod podge, and a map
Bring style and distinction to your den and family room by creating these on-of-a-kind map plates. All you need is a smooth surfaced glass plate, map, Mod Podge and some clear coat spray. Every one will wonder how you did it! Here’s the steps for this neat creation:
1) Find a colorful map of your choosing that is free of defects and folds. Press it into the dish to get a good idea of the dimensions needed. Do a rough cut using sharp scissors.
2) Turn over the map and coat it with a thin layer of Mod Podge.
3) Press it firmly onto the top surface of the glass plate. Use a dry rag and run it over the surface until it is beginning to adhere well. Use an exacto knife to trim the edges. Add a small amount of Mod Podge using a toothpick to any edges that are not adhered well. Set it aside and allow it to dry.
4) Spray with an even layer of clear coat. Spray slowly so that the clear coat doesn’t run. Set is aside to dry completely.
5) Find the perfect spot to show off your new decorate map plate!