Graphic 45 Pencil Binding Tutorial
Here is a nifty craft project that creates a beautiful desk or tabletop decoration. It’s quick and one of the more unique items being made today. Here are the steps for this amazing piece of art décor:
Coasters or chipboard
Paper for both sides of the coaster base
Pencils or wood dowels of approximate size
- Cut the measuring tape into three inch lengths for the amount needed. 21 will render 6 per page X 3 pages and leave 3 for the cover page.
- Mark both sides and add a chalk mark. Use this page as a template for the rest.
- Add a bit of the tacky glue to each marked spot and begin placing your tabs. You want them to sit exactly right, set them aside to dry. Remember that the cover page only needs three tabs on the front.
- Continue adding the tabs to the pages and set them aside to dry.
- Use the paper to cover the tabs you have added. Trim the extra. Continue for the rest of the pages.
- Glue the other side of the tabs to the pages…make sure there is enough slack to slide the pencils and turn the pages. Repeat for all 4 pages. 3 pages will have 6 tabs and one will have 3.
- Now you will start to weave the pencil through the various tabs. It will go down through the first tab for the second page, then the first for the cover, etc . Alternate through the tabs as you go.
- The last pencil will be weaved through the simple 3 tabs of the base.
- Use some twine to weave through the pencils, knot it and add a bit of glue to hold it. Do this on both sides and it is done!