Vintage. Repainted. Cute! It’s easy to find vintage items such as candlestick holders and metal picture frames at flea markets and estate sales. A great way to bring modern flair to these items is to paint them with colorful enamel paint. You can create an artistic display throughout your home or office. Everyone will want to know where you got the items and you can smile knowing that all you did was this:
What you need:
Vintage metal candlestick holders and picture frames
Colorful enamel paints
Clear coat spray
1) Clean any dust and dirt off of the vintage items.
2) Decide which color you want to use on each particular item. The more color variation you use, the better.
3) Paint the items with an even layer of the enamel paint. Set them aside and give them a day to dry.
4) Use the rough sand-paper to create wear areas along the edges of the candlestick holders and picture frames. It returns it’s vintage look, but keeps the progressive color.
5) Add an even layer of clear coat spray if you want a glossy finish, but leave it with the enamel only if you want a duller finish.
6) Find the perfect spots to display the finished product!